Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween 2010!!  I still cannot believe how quickly it came and went!  I also cannot believe how good our costumes came out with all the last minute plans.  Just a side note here...I think our family's favorite thing about Halloween is dressing up...I think, perhaps, that stems from playing dress up year round.  Our kids have always had a bin filled with bandannas, hats, gloves, play guns and holsters, capes, eye patches etc.  Our older boys, seriously, plan their costumes months ahead of time (probably because they don't play dress up any more - and deep down they miss it - and deep down they wish they could play dress up without looking completely crazy;)).  Let me make a minor correction...Chris' favorite thing about Halloween is not dressing up (he still gets to play dress up at work with all the swat clothes, guns, holsters, batons, shields etc).  Chris' favorite thing about Halloween is seeing how many houses you can trick or treat, and how many bags of candy you can collect (probably because he is the disciplined one in the family who never eats candy;)).  OK - enough with the side note!  We all had a great time in our new neighborhood - seeing and talking to new faces, meeting newer ones, and eating candy! 
Joshua dressed up as Scooby Doo's Fred...
Yellow hair and all...
The twins were the cutest little Scarecrows on the East Coast...
I have been told so many times by Chris that I look like Olive Oyl that I dressed up as my twin... 
Brandon dressed up as Indiana Jones...(a very handsome Indiana Jones;))...
Elli dressed up as a little cupcake, whip cream, pink frosting, foil wrapper...she looked good enough to eat(although she did get called Sweet Pea a couple of times because of my costume;))...
Trevor was a Marine Sniper...a little bit of a scary picture, but that Trevie smile is under that make-up, I promise...
 I hope you all had a fun Halloween! 

5 comments:

Patti said...

Those are the best costumes ever!!! I love every one of them!!! FRED- you are a STUD!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. K said...

I think Josh should leave his hair like that...it's the style. I just love that cupcake...non-fattening. The twins look so tall in that picture, Trevor looks menacing and yes, Brandon is much more handsome than Indiana Jones. Lori, you are much cuter than Olive.

PAULINE said...

AWESOME N SCARY COSTUMES.VERY WELL THOUGHT OF. JASON N REAGAN ARE THE CUTEST N FUNNIEST. ELLIE, THE BEST CUPCAKE EVER. THANKS FOR THE PKTRS. HUGS,GRAMMA

CKopp said...

Ya know, the same people that see my blog, see your blog, so if you keep stealing my pics, people are going to stop going to the 'true' blog and come to this copycat.

PS - I think Fred was the BEST costume of the year!!!

Lori said...

Actually, my mom, and a lot of my friends don't have access to your blog - so - sorry to those of you who see these pics twice, but my husband's cushy job affords him more blogging time than my non stop mommy schedule;), so stealing a few pics allows me more time to focus on my beautiful children!!;)