Monday, November 22, 2010

Roseola

Roseola visited our house over the weekend.  After 3 days of 102 degree fever, that I could barely control with Tylenol and Motrin - and one of those "everything looks good, we don't know why she is running a fever, must be a virus" visits to the doctor (I hate those!!!) - Elli finally got her spots this morning.  Yep, spots.  A rash of little red bumps all over her torso and bottom.  I have to say that when I saw them I was totally relieved.  Roseola is one of those dumb diseases that doesn't reveal what it is until the rash appears, and then, thankfully, it's over.  Elli is only my second of six children to get this.  Brandon had it as a baby too. 

I am thinking that Elli got Roseola from her cousin Lily. ;) I know they live
h u n d r e d s of miles apart, but they are kindred spirits, and bestest friends, and Lily just had Roseola too. Either that or it is just a strange coincidence, but I don't think so.  Lily was there to welcome Elli into this world, so they share a special kindof bond...

We also found a couple of new teeth peaking out, so that may have caused some problems. Either way, Elli will be back to her old self for her first Thanksgiving!!  Yeah!

PS:  Later this afternoon we also found another tooth in Elli's mouth.  She cut her first upper tooth this weekend as well - Poor baby!!

2 comments:

PAULINE said...

Roseola, high fever, then red spots. whooooosh, its over. HIGH FEVER SURE STRESSED ME OUT WHEN U N LISA HAD IT. NOW ELLIE N FAMILY CAN ENJOY HER 1ST THANKSGIVING. I CANT BELIEVE THE OTHER BOYS NEVER HAD ROSEOLA. OLDEST N YOUNGEST. LILY M ELLIE SURE KEEP IN TOUCH. REALLY CUTE. R U READY FOR THANKSGIVING. MY DONATION IS THE CENTER PIECE, I LOVE DOING THAT, BRINGS OUT THE ARTIST IN ME. THX FOR THE UPDATE. LOVE U ALL, MOM,

Patti said...

Dear Elli- I just have to share everything with you, since you're my best friend! Love and kisses, Lily oxox