Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving +1!

I hope you all had as wonderful a Thanksgiving as we did!!  This was the smoothest, most relaxing, Thanksgiving ever!!  Devon and I split the meal, and I have to say, everything was perfect and delicious!!  I even got some new recipes out of it - which is always a plus!!  It was so great cooking in our new kitchen.  The microwave doubles as a convection oven, so cooking was a breeze!!  And, with the open floor plan of our house, I was able to be part of all the conversations and playing while I worked in the kitchen... 
Chris even got in on some of the kitchen action...
 We moved the kitchen table into the dining room and we were able to accommodate everyone!!  Joshua, Jason, and Reagan were my super helpers, and we set up and "dressed" the table together.
Everyone got "fancy" glasses, and we bought plastic "fancy" cups for the twins and Reese.  Before dinner we went around the table, and each of us said what we were thankful for, and Jason was "thankful for the plastic cups;)"... 
Joshua folded all the fancy napkins, and everyone helped to make name tags for the table...
We had lots of snacks and munchies before dinner...
Reagan frequented the counter... 
Of course, the real excitement started when Ryan, Devon, Reese and Ella arrived...
 
We loved being able to share our first Thanksgiving with our friends...
Baby Ella and Elli both had a wonderful First Thanksgiving... 
Thanksgiving is the perfect Holiday for building legos...
Chris REALLY enjoyed Devon's sweet potatoes... 
After Thanksgiving dinner we all relaxed and watched the Cowboys lose:(, and then we headed over to Ryan and Devon's house for dessert.  We had Apple pie, two kinds of Pumpkin pie, and a Gingerbread-Pumpkin Trifle.  I wish I had taken pictures of the desserts because they were not only yummy, but they were beautiful!  Devon even had homemade hot cocoa with gingerbread marshmallow peeps in them.  We all had a little bit of everything, and we still had tons left over! 

So, Happy Thanksgiving +1, I hope everyone enjoys their 4 day weekend!!

7 comments:

PAULINE said...

CONGRATULATIOMS TO U ALL. YOUR THANKSGIVING TABLE LOOKED SUPERB. CHRIS N YOU LOOK GREAT COOKING N CARVING THE TURKEY. EVERYONE LOOKED HUNGRY, (KIDDING), I EVEN GOT HUNGRY LOOKING AT THIS TURKEY FEAST. ELLIE N ELLA ARE GORGEOUS BABIES. ELLA LOOKS LIKE HER DADDY.
ENJOY YOUR 4 DAY WK. END. LOVE U ALL. HUGS, MOM (GRAMMA)

Joshua said...

I also liked Devons sweet potatos but My favorite food was the trifle at Devons house.

CKopp said...

IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY, THERE IS A CAPS LOCK, I MEAN BRANDON HAS THE TABLE CLOTH TUCKED INTO HIS SHIRT - HE TOO THINKS HE IS A CLOWN. I LIKED THE SWEET-POTATO THING THAT DEVON MADE - IT WAS CANDY. I LK 2 ABBVTE WRDS 2. IS THIS MUSIC, IS THAT WHAT YOU CALL IT - I DON'T LIKE IT, ITS THE STYLE, BUT I DON'T LIKE IT.

Mrs. K said...

My goodness, how old is Ella? She is such a big girl.

Your Thanksgiving feast looked so yummy. We ate ours w/o taking pictures.

Now I am living to the rest of your music, it is terrible at the beginning but I love "our God is an awesome God." This version is bouncy.

Missed you all so much. I am thinking of asking Dad for plane tickets to NJ for Elli's bday. No promises. But then maybe I should wait for better weather. I will have to give it some thought. Love, Mom

Patti said...

CHRIS IN AN APRON WOOOOOWZA !!!! DUDE'S GOT STYLE!! I wuv my Elli, and I miss my favorite twins!!!! And Brando and Trevie and JOshBosh too! And WHAT is that incredible looking cranberry thingy on Chris's plate??? Looks delish!!
I love the name tags too, how sweet:) looks like a fun day! Would have been more fun starting out with Aunt Patti's choc chip pancakes, but somebody had to stay in Oregon and cook:P

Unknown said...

Looks like a great time with lots of yummy food!! We missed you here (did you have snow like us??) Drew was just looking at the photos and said, "Oh, look, Elli has hair now...oh, but not as much as that other girl."

Lori said...

We missed you all too, Kate! I am glad we didn't have to drive in snow though!! Love you guys!!