Monday, November 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Friday, November 5, I turned 40 years old.  This blog is dedicated to my husband and my children for making this day so special for me.  Chris was actually in Boston, Mass. on the 4th and 5th last week, on a  FBI SWAT OP, but, before he left, he made sure that certain details were taken care of so that my birthday would be special.  The boys stayed up till 2 am on Thursday, rather Friday morning, and were up at 7 am, making sure that the plans were carried out.  What can I say except that I am a blessed woman with an amazing husband and wonderful children.  Thank you Chris, Brandon, Trevor, Joshua, Jason, and Reagan, for your thoughtfulness and love on my 40th birthday!!
These are the presents, wrapped thoughtfully in very pretty Barbie paper,
that the boys stayed up till 2 am wrapping...
 These are the yummy sticky buns, pre-ordered by Chris, and hand delivered to Brandon at 7am,
by Chris' co-worker and friend Ryan...
 This is the Birthday cake, pre-ordered by Chris, and picked up by Chris on his way home from Boston...
 This is me cutting the cake...
 This is Reagan watching me cut the cake...;)
This is Elli enjoying the cake... 
This is me getting ready to open presents... 
I received jeans from Daddy... 
The twins are going to be well practiced in opening presents before their 4th birthday in January;)... 
I received a book I have been wanting to read from Brandon... 
Trevor made me an apron at school... 
He hand-stitched the front... 
Joshua made me a new keychain...
The Rices gave me two books on how to make the most amazing cupcakes ever
 (I am certain there will be a blog on that in the future;))... 
My mom gave me the sweetest card on the planet (she put it inside a bag that she decorated with my childhood pictures), and money to go shopping... 
Daddy also gave me planters, and outdoor bird feeding stuff - my deck is going to be beautiful this Spring (another thing that I am certain will be blogged about;))... 
My Father-in-law, Mother-in-law, and Sister-in-law gave me new slippers, a robe,
and yummy smelling bath stuff... 
And...my favorite gift was a new vacuum!  My husband totally spoiled me and got me a super deluxe vacuum!  I love it! (you can see the dirt that I have vacuumed up;))...
Thank you so much, my wonderful husband and children, for making my 40th birthday so memorable and wonderful, and thank you to all my family for all the wonderful gifts.  I love you all!


6 comments:

CKopp said...

...I still think its a total waste of money. The old vacuum was as good in 2010 as it was in 1974, when it was only 5 years old!

Zeldar said...

It may be the sweetest card on the planet...but where I come from, its not even in the top 1,000,000.

Patti said...

I wanna see the cupcakes!!!!

Mrs. K said...

I want some of that birthday cake and some future cupcakes. I just LOVE the apron, Trevor did such a GREAT job. WOW 40? Really? You certainly don't look it.

Laurie Pardon said...

Hi Lori, I didn't know it was your birthday, sorry I missed it. It looks like you had a great day. Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

Lori said...

Thank you Laurie!