Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween Eve!

Yeah!!  One more day until we get to dress up silly and get free candy!!!  We finally finished carving all of our pumpkins last night.  I think they turned out pretty good.  Last year (you will have to check last year's post to see for yourself) we carved ginormous pumpkins!!  They were HUGE!!  This year we all have small pumpkins.  They were definitely harder to carve - the pumpkin shells were pretty fragile - but they yielded about the same amount of seeds.  I was really surprised.  I thought the seeds would be in small amount and size, but I was wrong!  So, we got lots of yummy seeds, and some cute little pumpkins on our front steps.  Some of the pictures of my boys with knives in their hands are a little unsettling...but no boys were harmed during the carving of the pumpkins, and each one was supervised by me during the process (not sure if that is supervision or not;)).

 Stay Tuned for Costume Pics - here is a little teaser...
Does she look like a cupcake in a foil wrapper?


3 comments:

PAULINE said...

ELLIE, U R A DELICIOUS CUPCAKE N BOYS I LOVE YOUR SCARY PUMPKINS. GRAMMA LUVS U ALL. TREVOR, I LOVE YOUR MOMS BLOG ABT HOW LUCKY WE R TO HAVE U, I AGREE TONS. U R A CUTIE. HAVE A FUN HOLLOWEEN WK END.

Patti said...

I have never seen a prettier/cuter/sweeter little cupcake in my life!!! I could devour that little cutie:) Give her a huge kiss from Auntie Patti!! oxoxox

p.s.Josh- you're freakin' me out with that knife!!!!!!!

Mrs. K said...

Oh my, Elli looks so scrumptous and has such a teasing smile.

At least none of the carvers had their tongues out while they carved. LOVED all the faces on the pumpkins, especially the one from the top with the stem for a nose, so clever.