Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The First Day of School - 2011-2012

For the past couple of weeks I have been noticing that the weather is cooler.  So much cooler, in fact, that we have been sleeping with the windows open.  I have been telling myself - "it is still August, so don't get your hopes up that the weather will stay this way".  Today, however, is September 6, the first day of school, and while driving the boys to school this morning I noticed, not only the cooler air, but also a few trees whose leaves are beginning to take on the colors of Autumn.  So, today, I post the traditional First Day of School pictures....
Did you notice how Trevor is about the same height as Brandon?  Today Brandon begins his Junior year in High School, Trevor begins 8th grade, and Joshua begins 6th grade.  Seems like just yesterday when they looked like this....
Now, instead of Joshua holding his lizard while saying goodbye to his brothers, it is Reagan holding his Cheetah saying goodbye to his brothers....
I am missing my boys already as I post this, and I am hoping they are having a great first day back at school.

Along with the First Day of School pictures, I am changing my blog background to reflect the cooler weather, and coming season....Hooray!!!

5 comments:

Race Bannon said...

I like the background.

Naomi said...

I like the background too! And those pictures are darling... I didn't know Brandon was only a junior, I thought that he was going to be at least a senior this year. Handsome boys and an adorable girl..
miss you guys...

Naomi

PAULINE said...

LORI. I CANT BELIEVE HOW GROWN UP N HANDSOME THEY ARE. THE TWINS N ELLIE R SO ADORABLE. I CANT WAIT TO C ALL OF U IN OCT. IM STILL WAITING FOR COOLER WEATHER IN ARIZ. YOULL GET IT SOONER. HAVE A GREAT SCHOOL YEAR. HUGS,GRAMMA.(THE BOYS HAVE BEEN HANDSOME SINCE DAY ONE.) LUV THE NEW SCENERY.

Mrs. K said...

Love the background, Hope that is what we see on the way to NJ in about a month and a half.

WOW I bet Josh is taller than I am now. Love the twins hair and Elli's looks like silk. Hope she let's Grammi hold her this time.

Danielle said...

Brandon looks like Chris!!!! When I looked at the first picture and then read the caption, I had to go back and look again. I had thought it was Chris on the left! Wow Brandon is so grown up !