Monday, January 17, 2011

Olga (deep sigh)...

Olga's adoption fell through - no details other than for some reason, the adoption fell through.  I am so sad because she could be moved (may have already been moved) to the mental institution at any time.  I have been to a couple of mental institutions here in America.  As a teenager, I donated some time playing my flute and singing to the people there.  In America, these are terrible places to be in - in Moscow, Russia (that is where Olga is) these places have to be unspeakably horrid.  Once again, my heart is so heavy for this little girl, will you please pray for this little girl again. 
I posted this scripture in a  previous post, James 5:16 - "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."  The dictionary defines fervent as "exhibiting or marked by great intensity of feeling : zealous" - zealous is defined as "marked by fervent adherence to a party, faction, cause, or person: filled with or characterized by zeal".  Will you please join with me in a fervent prayer full of zeal for Olga? 

Just an added side note - As my husband frequently says..."just sayin'..."

I find it sad that being full of zeal for a sports team or a movie star or even a hobby is not just accepted, but encouraged.  But, mention "praying fervently" and people so frequently speak discouraging words. 
I remember a time when I prayed, but it was more like wishing on a star.  I spoke the words, because I wanted to pray, but I didn't really believe that anything would happen.  I am sure I probably spoke discouraging words to people who talked about prayer in a way that I couldn't relate.  I also remember the day that God became a real person to me.  God says in Jeremiah 29:11-14 - "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.  12Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.  13And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.  14And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD."  When my prayers became fervent, and I sought God with my whole heart, He was there.  As my husband frequently says..."just sayin'..."

3 comments:

Lori said...

...actually, he says, "I'm just sayin'..."

I'm Just Sayin' said...

I don't think it was nice to torture those poor people in the institutions in Phx when you were a kid...

PAULINE said...

I'M JUST SAYIN LORI, THAT I'M PRAYIN FOR OLGA. I'M CRUSHED. MOM.