Thursday, January 13, 2011

Davids has a family!!

Before I moved to Ohio, I really didn't do a whole lot on the computer except play games, type letters, do an occasional email, and order a few things on-line here and there.  Once we got to Ohio, the internet became my link to all my friends and family.  Over the past few years, I have come to realize how useful the internet can be to me in keeping in touch with everyone - through my blog, emails and now skyping. 
Yesterday, I got a taste of how powerful a tool the internet can be in helping a boy like Davids.  The story I posted yesterday about Davids was posted here on Monday, January 8, 2011.  This blog post spored more blog posts and twits on twitter (whatever that is - haven't gotten that advanced yet) and facebooks on facebook (again...totally unfamiliar) and emails... AND just 5 days later, with only 9 days left until Davids' 16th birthday, a family, with paperwork all done and just looking for a child to bring home, has stepped forward and Davids has a home!!  I would encourage you to go to this blog and read the whole story for yourself (to be honest it all sounds a little too good to be true unless you go see for yourself how this all played out).  While you are visiting the blog - take a look at the comments left on the posts.  It is amazing how quickly Davids' story was spread and how many responses and how much help it elicited in just 5 days- it is mind blowing!!! 
I sent the story to some friends who are pastoring a church in Bulgaria and asked them to pass the story on, hoping to maybe generate some help over in that part of the world.  I had a response from my friend Taya in less than 15 minutes.  I was so happy to get her response so quickly and learn that she felt it was "no accident that I had thought to send them the story as the orphanages over in Bulgaria had burdened her and her husband's hearts many, many times".  She and her husband generated an email and sent it out to 53 neighboring people in less than a 1/2 hour.  How amazing is that!! 
When Joshua and I read the story about Davids yesterday, we prayed for him, and then Joshua and I had a small conversation about whether or not God could find Davids a family before he turned 16 on January 23rd.  I have to say, there was a part of me that was skeptical, but there was also that small "mustard seed" of Faith that He would pull it off - AND HE DID!!  He drew people to this story - one at a time - through the amazing technology we have.  Thank you - all of you - who prayed and passed this story on one way or another!!  I don't know about you, but on January 23rd, I will be thinking of this face and smiling...  

2 comments:

PAULINE said...

FAITH, THE SIZE OF A MUSTARD SEED, THANK YOU GOD FOR HEARING US. THANK YOU FOR HELPING CHILDREN LIKE DAVIDS, OLGA ETC. WE ARE NOTHING WITHOUT YOU LORD. HELP THE WORLD TO WAKE UP ESPECIALLY THE LEADERS OF THIS USA.

Taya Jo said...

Wonderful News!!! Thank God :) Making a difference one at a time ...