Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Elli gets messy...AND...

Brandon took this video last night - too cute!!

Now for the AND part...
You are all going to have to get used to me introducing you to children in need of homes and prayer.  I cannot explain why my heart is so heavy for these children - I know that without my niece Lily I never would have given these children a thought - but every time I hear a story, or see a face, my heart gets drawn in and I am heart linked with these kids.  All of the stories you see on my blog are from my sister-in-loves blog.  I don't know how much of an audience I give these stories.  I do have a few people who read my blog, and my hope is that my readers are inspired to link hearts with me in prayer, and maybe spread the stories to others who don't read my blog.  I just feel a need to something for these kids, even if it is just praying and blogging to my small audience.  So without further adieu, meet Peter...
Peter is the same age as Jason and Reagan.  He was born 1 month after them.  As I watch Jason and Reagan getting ready for their 4th birthday, my heart breaks for this little boy who has suffered in an orphanage, with all kinds of health issues, without a mom or dad or family, these past 4 years.  Jason and Reagan have been counting down the days until their birthday - today is T-8 days - Peter's birthday will probably come and go without a big fuss.  And, like all the other kids at the orphanage, Peter's day of transfer to the mental institution clouds his future with gloom.  Andrea at Reece's Rainbow wrote my sister-in-love to ask her to blog about Peter, this is a little of what she said...
"Peter has been listed with us nearly his whole life.  I am surprised he is still alive.  Not a soul has ever inquired about him.  We have never had a good picture of him.  So my prayer is that some visibility on your blog will truly help save his life."
I cried when I read that.  I am still crying as I write this.  This is the profile listed on Reece's Rainbow for Peter..
Boy, Born February 20, 2007
New picture from July 2010
Peter is a darling little boy with brown hair and brown eyes. He has so much to bring to a family, but he was born with multiple challenges in addition to his Down syndrome. From his medical records: severe delay of stato-motor development, congenital heart disease(ventricular septal defect with high degree of pulmonary hypertension), condition after closing of patent ductus arteriosus and coning of pulmonary artery, retinal angiopathy, farsightedness, nystagmus.
Peter needs a family right away, so his medical complications can be addressed by US physicians, and he can finally begin to live life as he should! Please give Peter this opportunity!!
PETER IS FACING THE INSTITUTION IN A FEW MONTHS, PLEASE CONSIDER PETER!

My boys and I were praying for and talking about the special kind of family that it is going to take to adopt Peter.  I cannot even imagine the challenges that will come with this adoption.  I do believe, though, that there is someone out there for Peter.  Throughout my life, I have really been surprised by "people".  Sometimes surprised in a good way, sometimes in a bad way.  But I have been surprised by people enough to believe that there is a very special person/family out there, that would be willing to give Peter a home given the opportunity.  So, let's pray, get the story spread, and wait for that surprise!!

2 comments:

PAULINE said...

ELLIE, U R A VERY SPECIAL CUP CAKE. JUST A BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. LUV U GRAMMA. MY HEART GOES OUT TO THESE LITTLE CHILDREN LIKE OLGA N PETER. I DO PRAY FOR THESE LITTLE ONES TO FIND A LOVING FAMILY.

Patti said...

OOOOOH I miss my Elli!!!! She is so smart!!! oxoxoxoxox from her favorite Auntie!!