Friday, January 7, 2011

Good Article...

Today I am going to simply post an article.  I know this will disappoint most of you, however, this article is a must read.  I know it isn't just here on the East Coast, where the mere mention of the Islamic religion as a dangerous and violent religion is taboo.  Every morning the boys and I watch one girl get on the school bus...she wears a burqa...and I cannot help but wonder...1)Why would an Islamic family move to the United States - a country built primarily for freedom from tyranny and oppression - and still choose to identify with the religion of Islam, which more often than not, is based on tyranny and oppression?  2)If they do claim to be "peaceful Muslims", why would they wear clothing that identifies them with radical Islam? 
There are more than a couple of options for a woman of Islam to wear her scarf.  I am not condemning dressing Conservatively or Modestly, and I am certainly not condoning lack of modesty and the way some women choose to expose themselves.  I just wonder what would cause an Islamic woman to wear a burqa rather than a hijab?  Why would she choose to hide herself in such a radical way? 
Maybe some of you think I am "racist" or "paranoid".  Sometimes I think I am.  Sometimes I think that my husband's job, and the little amount (thankfully little, I would probably live in a closet if I knew all he knows) of information that he shares with me makes me that way.  But, then I read articles like this one, and I know that it isn't just me thinking about this.  Do any of you think about this...just wonderin'...

3 comments:

PAULINE said...

IF, AS U SAY THAY WANT TO B PEACEFUL MUSLIM IN THE US. DONT WEAR THE RADICAL CLOTHES THAT IDENTIFIES U AS A RADICAL MUSLIM. GO BACK THERE IF U WANT TO SHOUT HOW HAPPY U R AS A MUSLIM. IN THE US, LIVE AS AN AMERICAN N ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM.

Race Bannon said...

I'm gonna take a guess here, and say, that the little girl you see wearing that, is an American...and that she, or her parents, feel a need to be part of something else. They don't know how good they have it - the choice to wear or not to wear...

Danielle said...

so sad. the article is heart-breaking. I just finished reading the 3rd book in Joel Rosenburg's series - starts w/ the Last Jihad (I'm sure you've heard of it) and the the Last Days, and tonight I finished The Ezekiel Options. Talk about crazy last days stuff. Wow! Jesus is coming back soon. People get ready!!!!