Thursday, August 4, 2011

Reagan the story teller....

This summer my boys have all been practicing their hunting skills on the Wii.  We have a game called Cabela's Outdoor Adventures, where you can hunt and fish.  It isn't an easy game to play...for me...you have to stalk your prey without being seen or sensed....you have the option of calling them into range and spraying yourself with some non-smelly stuff....then you have to make a clean shot without totally destroying the animal or the meat and you get points for your kill.  The twins have been hunting with their big brothers and having a blast.  Reagan was so excited about a kill that he made that he came in to tell me about it.  Now, you have to know that Reagan is a storyteller in the truest sense of the word.  He can rattle off a story off the top of his head that won't end until you tell him "OK Reagan, wrap it up".  So he came in to tell me that he was hiding in the woods looking for elk and he used the animal caller gadget to call the elk.  He was facing one direction getting ready to aim and shoot when he heard something behind him and he changed his view in the game and an entire herd of elk was there waiting for him to take them out one by one.  He was so animated telling me this story that I asked him if he would tell it to my camera.  Of course, he said yes, but.....when he started to tell the story to the camera the story changed.  I kept filming hoping that the story would eventually get told, and the cutest thing happened....he started to whisper to the camera that he was just pretending.  So the real story of his hunt with Trevor isn't on film, but the pretend hunt for a crocodile with his dad is on film....ENJOY!!

4 comments:

PAULINE said...

I SURE LOVE THAT WILD STORY REAGAN. YOU ARE S0OOOOOHANDSOME. I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY THAT GAME WHEN I C YOU IN OCTOBER. OK. LUV U GRAMMA.

Glenn said...

Love it! I'm guessing you never get the same story twice. That's part of the fun, you never know what's coming.

Race Bannon said...

Alligator...tastes like chicken

Lori said...

Glenn - sometimes you get bits and pieces that are the same, but if he knows he can better the story or entertainment value he will try ;) It is very fun!!