Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I am editing this post after reading the update to the story I gave you the link to this morning.  You can read the update HERE.
 
I heard a scripture during Bible study this past Sunday that literally blew my mind:

2Corinthians12:9-10 ~ "But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."


On any given day it is pretty impossible for me to imagine how powerful God is - and I have tried to wrap my mind around how big God is (especially when my little - and big - kiddos are asking me questions about God, faith, and their futures) ....it truly is unfathomable - but to think that that unfathomable power is made "perfect" in weakness, is truly mind blowing.  When I read the update for little Katie-bird, that scripture was quickened to my mind and heart.  What must God's perfect power be like?  Oh to only see...........
 
This story may give us a glimpse into God's power....truly, Katie is weak....she is weak in body, Spirit, and power over her situation....but God's power is made "perfect" in her weakness.....I don't know about you, but this is better than any suspense movie or soap opera on TV.....I will be staying tuned!!   *********************************************************************************
I had a blog post all ready for today, but I am going to post it tomorrow.  Last night I talked to my sister-in-law, Hope.  She does foster care, and the stories I hear from her are always a tug on my heart.  Today I read Patti's Blog, and I was brought to my knees in tears.  My little Reagan just woke up, and he is snuggled up on my lap.  As I sit here holding my little miracle, my heart aches for the little miracles in the stories that I have heard and read about in the last 12 hours.  My heart is so heavy with grief for all the little miracles all over the world that will never know the love, peace, and comfort that my little guy knows right now.  Please go HERE and pray with me today for this little girl and her family to be. 

1 comment:

PAULINE said...

JESUS SAID, "UNLESS YOU BECOME LIKE THESE INNOCENT CHILDREN, YOU CANNOT ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD." I PRAY EVERY DAY FOR ABUSE AND NEGLECTED CHILDREN. ITS HEARTBREAKING TO SEE IT HAPPEN N FOR SOME PEOPLE TO IGNORE ITS HAPPENING. LUV U LORI,MOM.