Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blocks and Lincoln Logs....probably one of the best classic toys.  Does anybody ever really outgrow building with blocks and Lincoln Logs?  I know I haven't.  My kids go through building phases....most of the time, Legos is the preferred building material - which is really cool and I will sometimes join in and build with the twins.  There are times, however, when the classic blocks and Lincoln Logs make an appearance, and I am quickly reminded of how cool these building toys are.  As a kid, I would spend hours with my Lincoln Logs.  For the past couple of days my kids (and myself;)) have been busy building towers and houses and towns....
Joshua loves building with JENGA blocks....
The little dude on the top is "Ray" - he is a little character that has been in this family since Brandon was a little baby, and he has always been a preferred toy.... 
Elli was very good about waiting until her brother gave her the OK before unleashing her destructive swipes at his towers.... 
Joshua didn't miss out on building part of the Lincoln Log village - he built the snow house up on the mountains (or staircase;)).... 
Trevor, Jason and Reagan built the Town down in the valley (below the staircase).... 
On the outskirts of their Town in the valley was an Indian Village, and a dolphin aquarium.... 
I think I should change the name of my blog to "This Family's Got Talent!"!!
********************************************************************
Edited to add Brandon's creation of the Pony Express Hotel....
Joshua said he added one of the roof pieces and should therefore be allowed to be photographed with the Hotel.... 
One of our other favorite pasttimes these days has been playing Bananagrams.  It is a very fast paced version of Scrabble.  In one round of Bananagrams, Brandon managed to spell "Antidisestablishmentarianism".  I figured that a picture of that should be included in the blog about
"This Family's Got Talent!"!! 
Very Impressive!!!

5 comments:

Josh said...

Actually its a snowy mountain look out post. not a snow house.

Chief Yuhtahay said...

Why do the Indians have to live on the outskirts of town?

PAULINE said...

I AGREE LORI YOUR FAMILY HAS LOTS N LOTS OF TALENT AND HANDSOME BUILDERS. ELLIE MUST BE THE BOSS, N WHAT A CUTIE PIE SHE IS. I WANT TO BE AN APPRENTICE WHEN I COME IN OCTOBER. OK. LUV U ALL.GRAMMA.

Unknown said...

That is quite impressive (as is the sparkling clean house)!!

Mrs. K said...

Noticed the repainted kitchen...looks great. Grammi played with tinker toys and erector sets. Now that is old!!! Way before Lincoln Logs and Legos. :-)

Very impressed with the Brando Man and his vocabulary.