Thursday, August 18, 2011

I love Lucy....and her beautiful family!!!

Meet my beautiful friend Lucy....
I love the Anne of Green Gables books.  I love the way Anne Shirley talks in the books.  Anne Shirley is passionate when she speaks.  She truly chooses her words carefully.  Anne uses words like "alabaster brow", "rose-leaf complexion", and "jet black tresses" to describe things or people that she loves.  Chris and the boys love to make fun of how Anne speaks.  I love the words Anne uses when describing her true friends.  She uses the phrase "bosom friend" and "kindred spirit".  Those are the words I would use to describe Lucy.... 
We met Lucy, her husband, Ralph, and their 3 beautiful children in 2006.  Josiah is their oldest son, he is a year younger than my Brandon, but he loves flying and airplanes just like Brandon.  Emily is Trevor's age, actually I think she is a year older than Trevor (I do remember some teasing on this subject), but she and Trevor have very similar personalities.  Sammy is a year younger than Joshua, and he and Joshua are pretty much the same kid.  I listen to Sammy tell stories and I think "how can there be two kids like this?".  Lucy is.....gosh words to describe Lucy.....there are too many good ones to list!!  She is an amazing person and a truly amazing friend.  When Lucy and I met it was as if we had known each other all our lives.  We just connected....she is my bosom friend and a truly kindred spirit!! 

We were all so thrilled when we found out that "The Vandecruzes" - as my kids call them - were coming to visit us.  Me especially ;)!!  The twins and Elli had never met them - we have "doubled our load of kids" (as Ralph put it) since we left Arizona - but they were certain they had memories of them based on all the stories they hear about The Vandecruzes, and couldn't wait to see them.  We had so much fun!!!  Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner tastes so much better when you have friends to share it with....
We taught them one of our favorite games - the dictionary game - and stayed up late playing.... 
Of course we had a big camp out downstairs for all the boys.... 
The twins loved playing dress-up with Sammy - I wish I had pictures of that!!  They spent hours chasing each other in cowboy clothes, or police clothes, or pirate clothes - always with a gun in one hand ;)!!  The twins loved having The Vandecruzes stay with us!! 
Jason loved Ralph - he is still talking about Ralph playing the guitar on our back deck ;)....
I am so sad that we live so far away from my friend and her beautiful family.... 
Thank you, Vandecruze family, for visiting us!!  We so love you guys and miss you guys!!!

2 comments:

PAULINE said...

SUCH A HAPPY REUNION WITH FRIENDS AFTER FIVE YEARS. SEEING ALL THOSE SMILES WAS AWESOME. KINDRED SPIRIT, HOW SO AS ANNE OF AVONLEA. LUV U ALL. GRAMMA.

Mrs. K said...

What fun. Where is Lucy and her family from? Dry, sandy AZ? They look like they enjoyed the beach as well as your hospitality.