Saturday, July 2, 2011

Zucchini....

Chris brought home some squash and zucchini today....the BIGGEST I have ever seen.  Somebody from work has a farm and brought them in for people take.
  So....today I spent the whole afternoon - from about 11-4 - in my kitchen cooking.  I have to say that I really do find cooking to be fun and relaxing.  I didn't used to, but I think that through the years I have become better at experimenting in the kitchen and coming up with my own "version" of recipes.  It took me a while to grate all that zucchini.  I used about 6 cups of grated zucchini and I have 12 cups of grated zucchini left in the freezer.... 
  Today I made my own versions of zucchini bread.  I found some recipes on line that sounded good, but then substituted honey for sugar, applesauce and mango butter (Thank you Lucy for the mango butter!!) for oil, and then added blueberries and nuts because Chris looovves blueberries and healthy nuts. 
Chris didn't wait until the bread was cool before he cut himself a slice and coated it with peanut butter.... 
I have to say they turned out really good and yummy!!!

1 comment:

Mrs. K said...

OH I am ever so jealous. Those veggies are HUGE! I want some of that bread!!! Not sure I could have spent that much time grating zucchini. I do love summer squash and zucchini, ours are only at the flowering stage. Joshua really has a big nose :>).

Dad and I went with some friends to a Lavender farm festival today. I was so tempted to buy the cookbook but decided I have enough cookbooks. However, I did buy 2 plants, some Yum Yum (special lavender plant food), some tea, sachets, candle and tea.

Hey, it is time to celebrate here...we had a 10 minute rain shower, along with some lightning and thunder.