Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!

This morning - in honor of America's birthday - Chris headed to Dunkin Donuts for a commemorative breakfast, and I decorated. 

When everything was ready, Chris and I cranked up the cd Yankee Doodle Mickey, and kept time to the music with pots and pans, while our children filed down 1 by 1 (in Elli's case 2 by 1;)) to see what in the heck was going on.  They were very happy with what they found... 
I think this is the first time Elli had her very own donut....me thinks she liked it!! 
Notice the sprinkles on the nose....
After breakfast the kids quickly put on their 4th of July attire.... 
Elli loves her new shirt...Thank you Grammi Faith!!
I am still missing my number 1 son.  He would have loved the festivities this morning.  All of the CAP websites are down this morning so I have been unable to check for pictures of him on line :( .  The 4th will not be the same without him!!
*Just a little side note - I went back and read this post and was immediately reminded of all the friends I have who are missing their children today - I kind of sound silly missing my son when he is only 2 hours away.  So - to all of my friends who have children serving our country in Afghanistan, Iraq, children living in other states, or those friends whose children have passed away, I am praying for you and your families and children this morning!!
*************************************************************************
I am missing my Brandon this 4th of July!!!  I only found one picture of him from day one of CAP Encampment....he is the one in front with the black hat on.... his Alpha Squadron is in the white hats....
I love you Brando and I am so proud of you!!
************************************************************************
I feel truly blessed to live in this United States of America.  I am proud of the Christian Foundation that our Founding Fathers laid....
In Their Own Words (4th of July Version)

3 comments:

Mrs. K said...

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!! IN GOD WE TRUST...HE will forever be with us in spite of those who turn their backs on Him. America will prevail.

PAULINE said...

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL OF YOU. U SURE KNOW HOW TO CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAYS. GREAT FAMILY MEMORIES. I LIKE THE GOODIES. YOU R ALL BEAUTIFUL. THANK GOD FOR THIS COUNTRY, N FOR KEEPING US SAFE. THANKS TO OUR BOYS FIGHTING FOR THIS FREEDOM. BRANDON WE ARE PROUD OF U. HUGS,GRAMMA.

Mrs. K said...

OH YUMMY...missed those DD the first time around. We do not have a DD here in the mtns. Miss my Sunday morning after Mass DD hazelnut coffee and bagel or DDonut or muffin. Miss you all even more. Love ya, Mom/Grammi