Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Yes....

Something dawned on me today and I had to share.  Elli doesn't say too many words.  She says "mama" when she wants something, or when she wants me - and that is usually when she wants something;), and she says "dada" for Chris, and she will say "nana" for banana sometimes, and "baba" for bye bye sometimes, and she will shake her head yes.  I was having a conversation with her today - asking her if she has pretty hair, or if she wants lotion, or if she likes to read, and I started to realize how well she shakes her head yes.  She really focuses on it and gets the full head movement going.  She looks so sweet when she says yes.  Then I realized that she doesn't say "no".  She doesn't say the word "no", and she doesn't shake her head "no".  That doesn't mean she doesn't know what "no" means because she will clearly display displeasure if she doesn't want something.  But, I am pretty sure that all of my boys shook their head "no" and said "no" around this age - almost 15 months (am I right Chris - he has a way better memory than me most of the time).  Anywho - just thought it was so funny that she says "yes" so well and hasn't learned the word or gesture for "no" yet.
 
(Watch, the next post will be on how my boys taught Elli to say "no" - and boys: You better not teach Elli to say "no" or you will be scrubbing bathrooms and cleaning spiderwebs for months!!!)

And now....a photo that I happened upon....hmmmmm.... 


1 comment:

Mrs. K said...

Elli's Dad's first word was NO! And he was very adament about it too. Of course, that could be that our first words to him were: NO! :>)