Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Visiting my Family in New Hampshire....

Our first full day in New Hampshire was spent visiting my family.  We went and had lunch with my Uncle Conrad....
my Aunt Nancy....
My cousin Michael and his girlfriend Lisa....
My cousin Tommy and his two sons Greg and Cody
(didn't get pictures of Tommy or Greg :( ).... 
I got to see the house my mother was born in.... 
This is the garage my grandfather built for his Model-T Ford - my mom has a picture of my grandfather standing with his Model-T by this garage....
My grandfather was a brick layer, and this is the house he built for his family, and the house where my mom spent a lot of her childhood.... 
These are other houses in the neighborhood that my grandfather built.... 

This is the pool where my mother and her brothers and sisters would spend their summer days.... 
My Uncle said that this cliff was frequented by all the kids in the neighborhood, and that there were many times that the fire department had to be called to rescue some kid who climbed up and then was scared to climb back down....
This is the building where my mother attended school.... 
Aunt Nancy introduced my children to Whoopi Pies - PURE SUGAR - 
and Aunt Nancy gave Elli her first little Barbie doll - even though the boys have banned them from our house ;).... 
I am so thankful for the time I got to spend with my family, and so grateful to my Uncle for driving me around and showing me where he and my mom grew up.



3 comments:

Race Bannon said...

FOX News is reporting the doll is missing, and no GI Joes are talking at this point. There was a ransom note, but it was so small, nobody could read it. FBI action figures are combing the landscaping in the backyard. A stupid looking monkey doll pretending he is the President, stated, "Uh, um, y'know..."

Laurie Pardon said...

That is so awesome that you got to visit those places that your mom went to when she was a kid. I love family history. Some day my Mom and I are going to go to Connecticut and see where her my grew up. Looks like you had a great trip.
Laurie

PAULINE said...

WHAT A GREAT VISIT YOU HAD WITH CON N NANCY. GREAT MEMORIES. IT WAS A HAPPY TIME THOSE YEARS AGO. LUV U.MOM