Friday, October 9, 2009

Tree stumps

Last winter we had a tree fall down in our back yard. It laid there for a long time. The boys would climb on it (it was a big tree!), they would tear branches off of it, tear the bark off of it, and Chris would mow around it. Finally, last month we chopped it up and removed it. We had a huge bon fire with most of it (see Chris' blog for the video), but I did manage to get Trevor to saw off 3 stumps for me. What did I do with the stumps? I sanded them down, sealed them, and made a centerpiece for my table out of them. YEAH!!


2 comments:

Kenzie Rice said...

WHAT?! I never saw this post.. that is CRAZY. youre so creative :)

Mrs. K said...

Oh I love it. Reminds me when I was about 12 or so, my cousin (same age but a month older) and I made birch center pieces and sold them or gave them to family members for Christmas presents. You and Trevor are so clever!!