Wednesday, October 7, 2009

IT'S A GIRL!!

Can you believe it? I do have to say that all along I have felt like this baby is a girl - not for any good reason though. There hasn't been anything really different about this pregnancy. I have had different cravings, but since we moved to Ohio we have eaten so different that I crave different things anyway. The only other thing that has been different about this pregnancy has been the heart rate of the baby. With all my boys the heart rates always fell between 130 and 145. With this baby, the heart rate has been above 150 every time. Yesterday it was 156. However, that isn't an indicator of gender, just an old wives tale. So really it has been just a weird inner feeling that this time it is a girl. I really would have been excited with a boy, too. I truly have the best boys on the planet. However, I have to say that this is all very exciting for us. It is going to be so fun to have some pink around the house. I keep wondering if girls are that different from boys - I cannot wait to find out! She was just beautiful in the ultrasound so I had to share the pictures. She had her hand, fingers, thumb in her mouth the whole time.

In this last photo she is clearly going for the thumb!! The ultrasound tech loved this pic!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAAAAAAAAYA! GIRL POWER! Hahaha.. I am SO SO SO thrilled its a girl! Ive been secretly praying it would be! Hehe. Congrats! Love you- Kenz

CKopp said...

1) She thought all the others were girls, 2) no pink.

Danielle said...

I LOVE the thumb one! What a priceless picture! I am sooo very thrilled for you guys!

Patti said...

we're all so happy and excited to see this new little girl:)

Mrs. K said...

WOW two GrandGIRLS in the same month. I can hardly stand it. Ever since we heard about each pregnancy Dad and I have been saying our daily Rosary for you, Patti and Lucianna. Wouldn't it be funny if Lucianna is having a girl as well? I am truly enjoying my Lori's Loft marathon. Now I have to catch up on Kenzie's. BTW when I was viewing Brandon's pictures I got a little woozie, felt like I was in the plane with him. Better him than me as pilot. Great pictures of the baby too.

Mrs. K said...

Oh, I bet Pauline is so happy to finally have a Granddaughter.