Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Look....

Last week, I began telling my kids "Look!"....
Every day since then, I have been telling them "Look"....
Yesterday I said "Look, before it's too late and the season ends"....
It made me think....
This beautiful picture was our backyard in Ohio - the "popcorn" tree was my favorite.  I learned some great life lessons in Ohio.  One of the best life lessons I learned in Ohio was about seasons.  The Bible talks a lot about seasons and how they pertain to life.  Growing up in Arizona, where there is really only 2 seasons, summer and spring, those scriptures were understandable only to a point.  Living in Ohio, and experiencing all the seasons, those scriptures came to life in my heart.
One of the most important things I learned is that seasons don't last forever.  Seasons are only for a period of time and then things change.  The same goes for the seasons of life....they come and go. (I do have to add here that some seasons - in nature and in life - I wish away more quickly than others ;) )
Another equally important lesson learned is that there is beauty in every season.  Some seasons are so easy to find beauty in.  For me, there is obvious beauty in Spring....and Summer....and Fall.  Winter, in Ohio, with Lake Effect snow, took me longer to appreciate.  In time, though, with a good attitude, Winter became so beautiful to me.  The same goes for the "Winters" in life.  There are times when life has its' challenges (I put that quite nicely don't you think? :) ).  I have learned to love and appreciate God's Love and Grace during these times - granted I have to get an attitude adjustment at times to see God's Grace and Mercy and Love and it isn't always easy to adjust MY attitude ;) - but it is during these times that my relationship with God grows tighter and my Faith and Hope and Strength grows as well.
Look before the season ends and it's too late....
(I am in tears as I type this and think I only have 1 and 1/2 years before Brandon heads off to college)
Look....my funny Trevor....
Look...those amazing, beautiful, blessings from God.... 
Look....crazy boys.... 
Look....my best and brightest student.... 
Look....enjoy the season.... 
Grandma, by the time you get here the leaves are going to be AMAZING!!  Can't wait till you get here!

2 comments:

Mrs. K said...

I sure hope those leaves will be still on the trees and still very colorful in 2 - 3 weeks. We are thinking we will be leaving next Wed or Thurs. Hopefully we will be geocaching on the way. We are very excited but I am so sad to leave the pups behind.

Like those pictures of the children enjoying that museum. Elli is so beautiful and the boys are so handsome...I am not prejudice.

PAULINE said...

IM COMING,IM COMING, ILL BE W/U ALL OCT 18. IM SOOOOOOEXCITED. AUTUMN LEAVES R SO BEAUTIFUL, AND SO IS ELLIE, N MY GRANDSONS. TAKE CARE,HUGS,GRAMMA.