Friday, December 4, 2009

Brandon

Today I am dedicating my post to the best big brother in the world. Tomorrow Brandon will be 15 years old. I wish I could go back in time and snuggle my baby to sleep just one more time (although I have to say that my baby still snuggles me pretty good - even in front of his friends:)). It seems like I have more pictures of Brandon as a baby than any of my other kids (I think this is a natural phenomenon with the first born vs. the rest - I would love to hear your comments on that), but fewer and fewer as he gets older. So, I made him pose for me before school this morning! I have learned through the years that Brandon sets the stage for his younger brothers. Brandon and I have had several conversations about this, and have done a Bible study on being the "first born". I have to say that Brandon has met the responsibility and challenge of being the eldest admirably. He isn't perfect (he is human), but I am so proud of my son for all the love and care he extends to his younger siblings - even when he is pulling his hair out in the process:). Trevor, Joshua, Jason, Reagan, and this yet-to-be-born little girl are the luckiest siblings in the world. I love you Brando.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the daughter isn't born yet, who is the girl in the picture with the pretty hat?

Kenzie Rice said...

Ohhhhh i wish we could have been there:( glad yall had fun!

Kenzie Rice said...

oh oopssss!! that comment was sposed to be for the thanksgiving post. heres brandons comment: LOVE U BRANDO! happy happy happy bday! :) youre a wonderful exmple to all ur bros and soon to be sis:) and a GREAT christian!!! and some handsome!:) i could go on and on but ive said enough...love ya!

Patti said...

We love you, Brando!!! We are so proud of you:)

terri said...

We think Brandon is pretty amazing,too!!!!
Hope everyone is feeling better.

Terri

Mrs. K said...

Hey big guy! You are so handsome, and TALL. You are so thoughtful, so loving, so unique, so quiet. Did I mention TALL?

CKopp said...

fckopp, this was about Brandon, why are you commenting about me?

Mrs. K said...

Christopher, I am afraid you are as tall as my father, not your father.