Thursday, December 31, 2009

What Will The New Year Bring?

I am amazed that in about 3 hours and 15minutes we will begin the year 2010. Someone asked me the other day if I was ready for the new year, and my response was a very honest "No". We have been in Ohio for 3 years now - 3 years exactly in 3 days, we arrived here on Jan 4, 2007 - and I cannot believe how time has just, somehow, disappeared on me. When we left AZ I was pregnant with the twins, Brandon was shorter than me, Trevor was a little boy who lived in la la land, and Joshua was my baby with all his baby teeth. In 3 years the twins have grown from 2 and 4 pound infants to smart, imaginative, strong, active little boys, Brandon is taller than me and talks about college and his life as an adult, Trevor still loves to dwell in la la land, but has become an incredibly thoughtful young man who loves to help his mom with absolutely everything and anything, Joshua has grown at least 6 inches, has lost most of his baby teeth (and grown his big ones in), and has gone from being my baby, to the twins' "best friend" and big brother, and all of these boys are going to, miraculously, become big brothers to their SISTER, who is due to arrive in February of 2010. Besides the changes in my children in the past 3 years, I have seen my husband accomplish some amazing things in his new job (which I had listed until he told me that I cannot write about those things):( . Our time here in Ohio has been filled with becoming acclimated to the four seasons (and learning to love them), witnessing first hand an amazing array of wildlife, meeting some really incredible people who will forever be in our hearts and on our email lists;), and enjoying a variety of new experiences that none of us will forget. When I think of all we have been through in 3 years my head spins!! When I think of what 2010 will bring I drift into la la land. A job transfer to New Jersey, new home, new neighbors, new schools, new friends, new church, new doctors, new grocery stores, new boy scout troops, new civil air patrol groups, new baby, new BABY GIRL AT THAT!! It amazes me how quickly the time here in Ohio has passed, and I am so thankful for all that God has blessed us with, and brought us through, in these past 3 years. Truly I wonder what 2010 will bring.

3 comments:

CKopp said...

...it's all a dream...wake up Lori! Wake up!!!

Kenzie Rice said...

sweet post auntie:) cant wait to see that baby girl! i WILL come visit and help u out!:)

Lori said...

We have it in writing Kenz, can't wait to see you and spoil you! love you tons!