Thursday, June 7, 2012

Growing, growing....

My last post was about all my kids growing.  Today, I am going to post about all of our plants that are growing.  Remember the lavender that Elli picked out?
Look at it now....
Remember the lamb's ear that Reagan planted.... 
It has purple blossoms!!! :)
Remember the strawberry plant that Jason planted?   
We had to add a trellis to it because the runners were all over the place....
we need to find a plot of land to plant it in ;)
The newest addition to our patio garden was a gift from my friend Colleen.  She gave me a tomato plant :)  So Joshua and I planted it.  From what Colleen has told me, tomato plants get very tall, so I bought some bamboo, and Joshua made me a trellis....
Tada!!! 
I will keep you all posted about how it grows.  I am really looking forward to eating our home-grown tomatoes ;)

2 comments:

Mrs. K said...

Yummy food and yummy smells. And you don't like NJ....ok maybe it's the people you don't like but you can find solice in your gardening. I am blown away by your plants and their progress. Like that trellis. Love the looks of pride in the children's faces too.

PAULINE said...

WOW. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL GARDEN. ELLIE AND THE BOYS LOOK SO PROUD. HOW CUTE THEY ARE. LOVE YOUR TRELLIS JOSHUA.
HOME GROWN TOMATOES R DELICIOUS. LUV U,GRAMMA.