Monday, April 9, 2012

I know I promised you, mom, pictures of all of us dressed in our very best for Easter, but, yeterday every camera in the house had dead batteries - not kidding.  We did use my camera phone - which is terrible - and Chris' work camera, so we did get some pictures.  Only I do not know how to get the photos off of Chris' work camera, so I will post them another day.  In the mean time, I am going to post some pictures I have taken of the birds here.  Ever since moving to Ohio, I have became amazed by the birds...every kind.  Their colors, size, fragility, boldness, quirks....they entertain me.  I have taken lots of pictures and Chris just said to me this morning "are you going to post these pictures or what?".  So....
One of the little Sparrows that visits us regularly....
Our friendly neighborhood Woodpecker.  This guy loves to do his thing on the gutters right above Chris' and my bedroom...it is CRAZY loud!!!  Isn't he beautiful?
This is a Tufted Titmouse.  We have lots of these little guys too.  These birds are one of my favorites.  I love how soft and delicate they look. 
Here we have a Common Grackle (left) and a Cowbird (right).  The Grackles are bullies and chase all the other birds away and then devour everything...the kids will run out the back door and scare the Grackles away when they come.  The Cowbirds travel in herds - funny enough.  It is amazing to see how large these groups can get!!
This is Fitz...our "pet" cardinal.  You have all met him before.  This is the bird that fights with his reflection in our car windows and sideview mirrors.  He is a nutjob, but we LOVE him!!! 
This is Fitz' wife.  She hangs out with him all the time.  She is sweet to watch, as she follows him everywhere. 
See....
This is a couple of my cute children ;)
 
 This is a Nuthatch.  We see lots of these little guys too.  They are funny because they walk up and down the trunk of the trees looking for bugs - they even walk upside down.
This is a Blue Jay.  We don't see a lot of these, but there are a few that manage to come around when there is food out.  Their colors just amaze me...so incredible!! 
The little guy on the right is a Chickadee.  We don't see as many of these little guys here as we did in Ohio.  The Chickadee's song is one of my favorites! 
I have lots more pics, but I am sure you are all thinking I have completely lost it by now ;)  Hopefully tomorrow I will have gotten Chris to download the Easter pics ;)

3 comments:

Mrs. K said...

Well, I truly enjoyed all the pictures and descriptions of the birds. Dad and I love to watch our birds up north as we have 4 feeders from one pole just outside our dining room window. I really think the birdie sitting on Trevor is ever so cute. Thanks for the pictures and am anxiously awaiting the Easter pictures of my FAMILY!!!

Anonymous said...

I love you!!!!!!!!!

PAULINE said...

LOVE THE PICTURES OF THE BIRDS IN YOUR AREA . COMMENTS N DESCRIPTIONS VERY HELPFUL TO ME. THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL. BEST PKTR OF ALL IS ELLIE N TREVOR. LOOKING FORWARD TO FAMILY EASTER PICTURES. HUGS,MOM.