Monday, April 2, 2012

I don't believe that it is a secret that our family REALLY dislikes living in New Jersey.  I am not going to list all of the things we don't like about it because, first of all, the list is way too big ;), and second of all, it isn't good for me to do that.  Every time Chris and I start to complain or list the things we hate about New Jersey, one of us will inevitably remind the other that going down that road isn't good for us.  Training my mind to focus on, and look for, the good, and then being thankful for those things is something I have really been working on.  It is something that I have been very intentional about.  And, I have to say that my "intentional thankfulness" is beginning to breed unintentional thankfulness.  I am finding that the things that I hate about New Jersey are not having the same affect on me as they did before....except for the school buses *twitch* *twitch* ;)...but I digress.  I am not sure why I decided to share all of this on my blog...but...today I am extremely thankful....
For Easter...Jesus' incredible sacrifice for me (ok, and everyone;))
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" ~John 15:13
and the gift of Life that came from His Resurrection.  Spring is such a great reminder of that Life....
For my husband...the incredibly hard working and hard playing man that keeps this family grounded...

For my children....the beautiful little faces that keep my days busy and my heart full...they bring more joy to my life than I can write in words....
For all my friends and family...the people who pray for us and with us and who are always there when I am feeling lonely and need to be reminded that I am not really alone ;)  Thank you!! 




2 comments:

Mrs. K said...

You are never alone...He is always with us. I know the feeling though...I can be in a room full of friends and sometimes still feel alone. I miss you guys and gals.

What beautiful pictures. Like the blossoms on the tree. I dislike the desert, not enough reminders of Spring. Love the pictures of the family....but where is one of you???

Love ya, Mom

PAULINE said...

LORI,MRS.PHOTOGRAPHER, LETS GET A PICTURE OF U. ENJOY AND SO PROUD OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL FAMILY. HE IS RISEN, SO MANY TIMES WE FORGET HOW BLESSED WE ARE. EASTER IS A GOOD TIME TO REMEMBER. THANKS FOR THE REMINDER. NEW JERSEY HAS BEAUTIFUL SPRING FLOWERS,UNFORTUNETLY, ARIZONA IS NOT SO BLESSED. WE HAVE EACH OTHER, MISS U TONS,MOM.