Thursday, April 21, 2011

Catching up...

Today's post is all about catching up.  I have a bunch of pictures that haven't made it to the blog yet...sooooo....ENJOY!!

The twins bought Daddy a kite for Father's day last year, and they finally got to fly it with him....
You may laugh at me for these pictures....I am a pretty big recycler, and I love to recycle other people's garbage....especially because these are the things we have picked up lately...and yes, I have gone and asked people "are you really throwing this away?"....CRAZY PEOPLE!!
Battery operated cars for the twins (just need a charger cord according to the people who threw it out)
and one for Elli too - hers works, we just have to teach the twins and Elli how to steer - hahaha... 
This table and chairs had a sweet matching kitchen....however, I couldn't fit it all in my van at one time, and when I went back to get the kitchen the garbage truck was crunching it up into little pieces - I KID YOU NOT!!!
This beautiful toy box bench was sitting out in the rain and had garbage piled on it.  We cleaned it up and look how beautiful it is!!!  It matches Elli's crib and dresser perfectly - a match set!!! 
Why would someone throw this out?  Chris asked me the same thing - the safety hinge in broken.  So we are going to take a trip to Lowes and buy one!!!  Jason and Reagan love the bench - even though it is in Elli's room ;)... 
Grandma Pauline went to Hawaii on vacation.  Grandma's never forget their grandchildren...even when on vacation....we got a huge box with all kinds of treaties for the kids.
Elli got a sweet red Hawaiian print dress....
With bloomers.... 
The twins got ukuleles....(notice how Reagan is holding his).... 
Elli also got a hula skirt.... 
The older boys all got pocket knives, and Chris and I each got Hawaiian attire.  Thank you Grandma Pauline you totally spoil us - and we love it ;)!!

As you recall from my post on 2/15/2011 - "Derby Time" - Joshua and the twins participated in the Cub scout Pinewood Derby and each one won 1st place for their age group, and Joshua won 3rd place all around.  Well....we finally got the trophies.... 
What we didn't know is that they also won awards for their great car designs.  Joshua won "Most Awesome" for his $100 car.... 
The twins won "Most Lovable" for their Valentine car....(yes, they spelled lovable wrong...see Joshua, spelling is important ;)!)....
And now we come to my last batch of photos.  Elli was combing her hair, watching me blow dry mine, when she got bored and fell asleep.... 
This may be it for a while.  I may get some Easter Egg coloring photos posted, but we leave on Monday, the day after Easter, for New Hampshire, for Spring Break and Brandon's CAP Regional Color Guard Championship.  We will be staying on a cattle ranch where Chris' cousin Glenn works - which should be soooo fun, and we are going to see my Aunt and Uncle.  I haven't seen them in 16 years, and I have never met their children, so I am pretty excited.  I will post Easter pictures, Spring Break pictures, and pictures from the Color Guard competition when we get back.  Until then, I hope everyone has an incredible Resurrection Sunday!!

1 comment:

PAULINE said...

WOW, I AM OVERWHELMED. ALL THESE AWESOME PKTRS, OF CHRIS,JASON,REAGAN FLYING THEIR KITE, ELLIE N THE TWINS MODELING THEIR HAWAIIN PRESENTS, N MY OLDER GRANDSONS SMILING, SO I KNOW THEY LOVE THEIR POCKET KNIVES. DO U HAVE ROOM FOR ALL YOUR NEW RIBBONS N TROPHIES BOYS. IM A PRETTY FAMOUS GRAMMA. I NEED TO GET YOUR AUTOGRAPHS. WHAT GREAT HAPPY PKTRS. LOVE U ALL. GLAD U N CHRIS LIKE YOUR HAWAIIN NEW DUDS.
HAVE A HAPPY EASTER N DRIVE CAREFULLY ON YOUR WAY TO NH. HUG CON N NANCY FOR ME, OK. CANT WAIT FOR THE NEW EASTER PKTRS. N VACATION ON THE RANCH. HUGS TO EVERYONE. LOVE ELLIE'S PKTRS,SLEEPING WHILE WATCHING U BLOWDRY YOUR HAIR. HER HAIR IS GROWING. HUGS N MISS U ALL. GRAMMA.