Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day 2009

Memorial day 2009 - All across America today, people are gathering together in the form of ceremonies or parades to remember all of the Service men and women who lost their lives so that we can have family and friends over to swim, barbeque, and spend time with. Today is also a day to pay tribute to all the men and women who are actively serving so that we can enjoy the family and friends, swimming and barbequeing in peace. I say it is also a day to remember where that freedom and peace originated - in God who created all things, and in His Son, Jesus, who made the ultimate sacrifice so that eternal freedom and eternal peace could be ours.

This morning I took the twins to their first real parade, in Bath/Richfield, Ohio, to watch Trevor and Joshua march in a parade with their Cub/Boy Scout troops. Chris and Brandon went to Medina, Ohio, where Brandon marched in a parade with the Civil Air Patrol (see Chris' blog). As I am still new to this whole blog/computer/digital picture/movie making thing, my amazing son Brandon helped me put together a video of the parade. Enjoy!!


*Had to add a little note on this post to give credit to Grandma Faith for the beautiful placemats that are decorating our table this Memorial Day - Thanks Grandma!!


4 comments:

Trevie Bevie said...

mommy you are the best Mother/film maker EVER!!!!!!!!!!. I give it 5 stars.8>~

Anonymous said...

This is kenzie.. Brandon, I am so impressed!! Seriously that video was amazing. I could never do that. It gave me the chills, great song choice! You're a pro!!! :) I give it 10 stars.

Susan Kosich said...

Two Thumbs up!!! A definite must see!!!!

Mrs. K said...

You didn't warn me to have a tissue handy...I love that song and am proud of Brandon...he is such a techno guru. Hey, those are really nice place mats if I do say so myself. :>)