Sunday, December 30, 2012

I am one PROUD Mama!!!!

Well folks, it is official....my AMAZING son, Brandon....
received the Congressional Nomination for The Air Force Academy....
AND West Point!!!
That's not it....he was also awarded a $12,900.00 scholarship (per year) from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott, Arizona.....
They called him to let him know that the Scholarship he was awarded was their highest Scholarship available ;)
Brandon has also applied to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology - MIT....
We haven't heard anything from MIT yet.  He had his interview with the MIT representative last weekend.  He did get his scores back from the Math II and Physics SATs that he was required to take as an applicant to MIT....he received a 750/800 on the Math II portion and a perfect score of 800/800 on the Physics portion.  :)  I will keep you posted about MIT.
I am one proud Mama no matter where my boy decides to go....
and he has one tough decision to make....

Congratulations Brandon!!!


4 comments:

Mrs. K said...

Pretty amazing!!! But not for Brandon, it was a piece of cake. Papa and I are so PROUD OF BRANDON. I am crying and Papa is grinning from ear to ear (that's a big grin 'cause his head is so big from being so proud.)

PAULINE said...

I AM SOOOOVERY PROUD OF BRANDON. IM ALL PUFFED UP WITH PRIDE. WHATEVER DECISION HE MAKES WILL BE THE RIGHT ONE. HE CERTAINLY WORKS HARD AND DESERVES IT. ENCOURAGEMENT FROM HIS MOM N DAD HELPED A TON. GREAT DAY. HUGS LUV U TONS,GRAMMA PAULINE.

Unknown said...

Wow!!! I know you are so proud - what an awesome job Brandon!!! All the very best choices, but I'm certain he will make the right one for him. Way to go Brandon!! Lori, I need some pointers here....

Pastor Campbell said...

Thank God our nation desperately needs young men like you. Pastor Campbell