Friday, July 27, 2012

It's Official!!!!

I have been wanting to teach Reagan and Jason how to swim for a couple of years now.  But, swim lessons here on the East coast are very pricey ($250.00 for 8 sessions / child was the cheapest I found), and public pools are non-existent.  There are private clubs that you can join, but those too carry a very large price tag (thousands of dollars per year).  
Last month, my neighbor was asking me what we all had planned for this summer.  I mentioned to her my desire to teach the twins to swim and asked her if she knew of any places, that were reasonably priced, that offered swimming lessons.  She frowned and said "no"...that swimming lessons always carry a big price tag here.  Then, she offered me the use of her own pool so I could teach the twins how to swim.  I was a little hesitant...I don't know them that well, plus, it is kind of awkward going into someone's backyard and swimming in their pool.  However, after her assurance that she would love for someone to use their pool - they are beach people - I accepted her offer and made arrangements to swim between 10 and 11 am, Monday through Friday.  We have been pretty faithful to this schedule, with the exception of rainy days, vacation days, doctor/dentist appointment days, and sick days.  So, here we are, the end of July, and Jason and Reagan can swim!!!
Right now, they stick to the little end of the pool (where they can stand up if they need to stop and take a breath), and they still hold their nose with one hand.  I am confident, however, that by the end of August these two little guys will be all over that pool and using both hands to maneuver themselves through the water!!
Yeah Jason and Reagan!!  I am soooo proud of you!!!




4 comments:

Mrs. K said...

WHOO HOO !!!! Congratulations Jason and Reagan. Great job Mom!!!

Unknown said...

Yay Boys! (And mom too!)

PAULINE said...

i believe in mommies giving swimming lessons to their kiddos, and your mom is following in my footsteps. yeah lori n im sooooproud of reagan n jason. you'll be jr lifeguards end of august. hugs,gramma.

Danielle said...

1st of all, great job Jason & Reagan!!
2nd of all, Lori you are amazing! I would love to teach my kids how to swim & save some money but I don't even know where to begin!!
3rd & last, I love the pictures and how bright blue the water is!!