Friday, May 4, 2012

Funny Story....

I am pretty sure that I have mentioned this on my blog before, but I am going to mention it again...Jason and Reagan HATE when Trevor and Joshua are not around the house to play with.  Whenever Trevor is gone, Joshua and the twins play non-stop....legos, GI Joes, Superheroes.  When Joshua is gone, Trevor and the twins play non-stop...legos, Star Wars, Superheroes.  When Trevor and Joshua are both gone, the twins play together, but they will stop and ask "how long till Trevor/Joshua gets home?" 
The other night Trevor and Joshua had Scouts.  Jason begged could he please come along just to drop them off...I said yes.  After we dropped them off, Jason was very quiet in the back seat, so I asked him what he wanted to do when we got home.  He sort of sighed out the words "I hate it when Trevor and Josh are gone".  So I said "Brandon is home, you can play with him"....to which Jason replied "Mom, Brandon totally forgot how to play.  He stinks at playing Superheroes!!"  I could not suppress my laughter and Jason just smiled at me.  After a few seconds he got this excited look on his face and said "When I get home I am going to teach Brandon how to play again!!" 
I remember when Brandon graduated from playing pretend things with his younger brothers to more grown up play things.  It was in Ohio.  It was when Brandon looked like this.....
Now he looks like this....
And, although Brandon has lost his skill at playing superheroes, he has become a whiz at the Rubik's cube - able to solve it in a single bound...
Can you see the cool pattern he created?
  He also loves playing Wii and everything Civil Air Patrol...
  And, I would be failing to describe Brandon accurately if I didn't mention that he loves playing practical jokes on people - especially his mother ;)
**a warning here for mothers with sons who are practical jokers...before turning on your kitchen sink, be sure to check the sprayer (if you have one) for a rubber band or tape holding it in the "ON" position.** 
I am not really worried about Brandon losing his playfulness...
he has his father's genes...playfullness is genetic in this family...luckily ;)

2 comments:

Mrs. K said...

I really like those glasses. Where can I get a pair? Liked seeing Brandon grow up before my eyes in just seconds.

Just last week Dad played a joke on someone and said "now I know where my son gets it." Wish I could remember what it was he did.

Did I tell you I like your new background?

Hugs to all, Grammi/Mom

PAULINE said...

BRANDON, YOU WILL NEVER LOSE
THE LITTLE BOY IN YOU. IT MAKES YOU VERY SPECIAL. HUGS,GRAMMA