Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Kopp Valentine's Day....

Valentine's Eve, I had so much fun putting up my decorations.  I made my own "conversation" hearts out of construction paper, wrote personal messages to my family on them, and hung them throughout our breakfast nook.  I bought Valentine's Day balloons for the twins and Elli (they LOVE balloons ;)) - and hung them on their chairs.  I decorated our table with all kinds of goodies and, of course, our Valentine mailbox took center stage on the table...bulging with all the Valentines we made for each other. 
Thank you Gramma Pauline for all the candy treats ;)
We made our Valentine cookies together - but I iced them when the kids were not around, so they were excited to see the finished result....
For dinner I made breakfast.  Our family loves having breakfast for dinner - it is a treat.  So, I made french toast, scrambled eggs, and bacon.  I cut hearts into the bread before I cooked it....
...and we had hot cocoa with heart marshmallows with our dinner - YUM!!!
It was a wonderful Valentine's day - full of hugs, kisses, and snuggles from all my kiddos!!  Hope you all had a great Valentine's day!! 
  

3 comments:

Mrs. K said...

Did you fry the egg in the center of the cut out heart? Cracker Barrel just cuts out a circle and fries the egg in it. I think they call it Bird in a nest or something like that.

Anyway, sure wish I were there or at Patti's or Hope's cause you all make Valentine's Day such fun!!!

I like those hot cocoa mugs!!!

Lori said...

Chris asked me where I got them...he laughed when I told him ;)

PAULINE said...

EVERY HOLIDAY IS SPECIAL AT YOUR HOUSE LORI. TO CELEBRATE IS THE KEY. HUGS,GRAMMA.