Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Shhh...don't tell....

I am so excited about the gifts Elli will be getting this Christmas....they are all pieces of furniture that I have picked up - or rather - out of other people's trash ;)

Believe it or not someone actually threw this chair out as is....unbelievable....so all I had to do to this rocker was clean off all the mud, leaves, and spider webs...
This doll high chair was painted a chipped and faded light blue, and one of the spindles on the back of the chair was broken in half.  When I saw it in the garbage I had to save it.  It reminded me of one I had just like it when I was little.  I glued the spindle back together - it was a clean break - and then painted it a dark brown.... 
This little baby crib was actually a magazine rack.  I picked it up off the curb last January - actually, Mackenzie, my niece, picked it up for me.  I was driving Mackenzie somewhere when she was visiting, and I saw it and I made her get out and put it in the car.  It was very dirty and gross.  I took out the center rack that held the magazine, filled in the holes, stained the patchwork and scratches, polished it up, then made a mattress, pillow, and blanket for it out of scrap fabric that I had....VOILA!!! 

I know I took "before" pictures of all of these things, but I cannot find them - they are somewhere in the many folders, files, and backed up files on our computer :/  Anyway, I am so excited to place these little treasures under the tree for her in just 4 days!!!  Yeah!!!  

5 comments:

Naomi said...

so so adorable! you are so creative!

PAULINE said...

COLETTE,ELLIE KOPP. YOU HAVE AN AMAZING AND VERY CREATIVE MOMMY. I SURE LOVE HER. YOUR GRAMMA PAULINE. HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Mrs. K said...

OMGoodness Lori, you are ever so creative. But then I knew that when you gave us the Christmas tree skirt you designed. I still brag about it. Elli is one lucky lady.

Race Bannon said...

It should be noted that not everybody considers these great "finds", and at this moment the local police have a BOLO for two skinny white girls taking children's toys out of people's yards...

Kenzie Rice said...

WOW i am in love with that pink rocking chair! i want it! haha