Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Celebration of Life!!

When does life begin?  It is a question that has come up frequently in our home since the birth of our niece Lily.  Lily was born with Downs Syndrome.  Since her birth, our family's eyes have been opened to the world of children with DS.  It is a world full of happiness, love, and miracles.  It is also a world filled with darkness, misunderstanding, fear, abandonment, and abortion.  I saw this video on Patti's blog and I had to post it.  Yesterday I posted that what I truly loved about the Christmas Season was the Love, Hope, and Peace that filled it.  Today I am adding Life to that list.  Let's us not forget God's gift of Life, and the Life of  His son Jesus.

Before you watch the video I thought I would list some scripture about God's involvement with the unborn baby....

Jeremiah 1:5...5
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you, before you were born I set you apart;..."


Psalm 139:13-15
"You did form my inward parts, you knit me together in my mother's womb...you knew me right well; my frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret..."


Luke 1:15
"He will be filled with the Holy Spirit, even before his birth." - Speaking of John the Baptist, the "babe" mentioned in the next scripture.


Luke1:41-44
"And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and she exclaimed with a loud cry, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, when the voice of your greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leaped for joy."
(The Greek word "brephos" is used in Scripture for the English word "babe"....This is the same word Luke uses in Luke 2:12,16 "You will find a baby lying in a manger." to describe the infant Jesus, and in 1 Peter 2:2 "Like newborn babes...." - clearly God sees no difference between the unborn and born baby)


Genesis 25:23
"two nations are in thy womb" (Jacob and Esau) "and two manner of people."


Proverbs 24:11-12
"Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don't stand back and let them die. Don't try to disclaim responsibility by saying you didn't know about it."


Jeremiah 7:6, 22:3,17 and Exodus 23:7
"shed not innocent blood."


Proverbs 6:16-17
"The Lord hates hands that shed innocent blood."


Exodus 20:13
"Thou shalt not kill."


Matthew 5:21
"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill..."


Genesis 9:6
"Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed, for in the image of God made He man."


Genesis 33:5
"The children which God has graciously given me."


Psalm 127:3
"Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is His reward."


Psalm 14:1
"The fool says in his heart, 'There is no God'."

4 comments:

Mrs. K said...

Love this video. My Dad used to take me to the New York Museum and one of my favroite things to look at was a ceramic circle wall hanging of life from the moment of conception to birth. As a young child I am not sure I fully understood but I just loved looking at it.

Race Bannon said...

Mrs. K - did they serve shrimp there?

"Colette" - at 4:36 - that's our little Reagan...

PAULINE said...

YOUR BIBLE QUOTATIONS ARE VERY INSPIRING. SOME OF THEM WERE FAMILIAR. LOVE U MOM.

Lori said...

I pointed out our little Reagan the first time I watched this video with the boys - it makes me want to cry, he was such a little guy!!!