Monday, May 20, 2013

Happy Spring....Happy Garden....

I promised my Mother-in-law that I would take some pictures of my garden and I decided to post them here.  Starting on my deck....
My Tomato plant...it has grown about 4 inches just this week....
 My lettuce....
....two kinds....
 My snap peas....I am sooooo excited about these...they are my favorite!!
 My sweet potatoes....I loooove the colorful vine ;)
My parsley...
 My Thai basil....this smells and tastes heavenly!!!
 My Cilantro....strawberry and Mango salsa were my favorites last year!!!
My aloe vera....gotta have that with all my accident prone kids....although I heard it comes in a bottle too :)
Now, off the deck and into the yard....
 My backyard is crazy with growth....I have been doing a ton of trimming....
 My rose bushes should be beautiful this year.....
 My planter box is up....the pinwheels actually keep the rabbits and squirrels away with their shininess and their noise....
In the top part of the box we have asian beans, onions, and pumpkins....
 Asian beans....
 Pumpkins....
Onions....
 In the bottom part of the box we have more onions along the sides and marigolds up front which serve to protect the cash crop for us....STRAWBERRIES!!!!!
 And, the newest addition to our yard...someone gave us a swing set  :)
Ok Mom...now it's your turn....I want to see your garden :)

3 comments:

Patti said...

Looks wonderful !!

Mrs. K said...

Oh I am ever so jealous, jealous, jealous. Everything looks beautiful and I want to come when you harvest. Your lettuce looks amazing. I haven't seen our gardens yet. Dad planted veggies in our raised bed gardens and flowers in out half barrels. I will be going up Thursday and am excited to see how things are growing. Thanks for the pictures.

PAULINE said...

WOW LORI. YOU SURE HAVE A GREEN THUMB. YOUR GARDEN IS AWESOME. LOVE THE SWING SET. HUGS,MOM .(U ALSO PUT IN A LOT OF HARD WORK . ) luv u.