Monday, March 26, 2012

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow Reagan is having surgery.  If I haven't mentioned it to you please do not get your feelings hurt - it is just easier for me to not talk about it.  He has had two surgeries prior to this - unrelated to this issue, but all three for developmental issues - and this should be the last.  I finally told him last week that he was going to have to go to the hospital and get stitches again.  He looked a little sad and gave me a big hug and then he smiled and said "I can't wait to get another heart balloon!".  Even though he was only 3 at the last surgery, he remembers waking up from the surgery to me holding a heart balloon for him. ;)  He is such a brave kid.  He always puts on such a brave face and just does what he needs to.  Amazing!!  At his last surgery I watched the other kids and parents going through the same process we were going through, except their kids were crying, some were completely losing it, and yet there was Reagan answering questions for the nurse, and when it was time to go back to surgery, although he looked like he was going to cry, he took the nurse's hand and just waved to me.  Such a brave little guy!!  I have no doubt that it will be any different this time, that is just how Reagan is.  The doctors are saying there will be about a 2-week recovery time, but Reagan did really well with recovery last time as well.  Brandon is going to skip school to babysit all day for Joshua, Jason and Elli.  Trevor has to go to school as he is aiming for perfect attendance for the year ;) .  I am thinking we will be back in time to pick him up, but if not we have some friends here that will pick him up - although I know he is aching to use his bus pass for the first time :).  Sorry if I seem to be rambling on - my mind is so full this morning - which reminds me, my Rajkopp@aol.com email was hacked, so if you receive an email from me with no subject please DO NOT OPEN it!!! and I am sorry :(, we are in the process of fixing it.  These are the little details, outside of the surgery, that fill my mind.  Anywho, will you please pray for Reagan, and our family, tomorrow.  I will keep you all posted about how he does.  Thank you ;)

4 comments:

Mrs. K said...

We will be praying for Reagan all day today and tomorrow. The reason Reagan is so brave is because he has "trust" in you and Chris. He believes neither of you will steer him wrong, he knows you both are honest no matter the circumstances. God bless our little man and bless the hands of the surgeons and staff.

Unknown said...

Lots of prayers going up for Reagan, you, the rest of the family & the docs. Hugs!!

Lori said...

Thanks mom...love you!!
Thank you Kate..will call soon ;)

PAULINE said...

YOU CAN ON ME TO SAY PRAYERS TODAY N TOMORROW FOR REAGAN. SURE LOVE THIS LITTLE BOY. HE IS BRAVE BECAUSE OF HIS MOM N DAD. HE IS SOOOOOOSPECIAL. PLS. KEEP ME POSTED. I CARRY MY CELL PHONE W/ME. ILL LISTEN FOR IT. OK. HUGS TO EVERYONE. BRANDON WILL TAKE GOOD CARE OF THE OTHERS AT HOME. TREVIE WILL BE OK. LUV U LORI MOM.